STRESS MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
WHY TAKE STRESS SERIOUSLY?
Workshop overview and aims:
This interactive workshop intends to raise manager’s and workers awareness of stress and the issues around it. The overall approach will provide knowledge plus practical ideas and information for immediate application in the workplace. The workshop covers four primary areas:
- Raising awareness about stress, its causes and the consequences for individuals and organization.
- Exploring the responsibilities and duty of care of managers and directors around stress issues.
- Helping the participants to identify situations and symptoms which might indicate potential stress problems and how to handle these in a preventative manner.
- Providing insights and tools to help the participants deal effectively with pressure and stress situations for themselves.
Who should attend?
Managers, Directors and Staff who need to understand more about the implications, costs and consequences of stress within their organizations or who want to be able to manage pressure and stress for themselves and others.
Although part of the workshop is informative and looks at the area of stress management at an organizational level, there is also significant amount of discussion and personal work. To get the maximum from attending, the participants need to be open with the way they look at their organization, themselves and to be willing to work on their own situation
OUTLINE FOR STRESS MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
- What is Stress?
- Stress and our ancestors
- Stress in the 21st Century
- Causes of Stress
- Causes of Stress in the workplace
- Effects of Stress
- Skills for coping with Stress
- Strategies in the workplace
- Handling Stress:
- Doctors response
- Alternative Cures
- The Art of Relaxation
- De-stressing yourself – Tips for working person
- Self Evaluation questionnaire
- Support Test
- Stress/Support Connection
- Personal Test log
- Relaxation Techniques
- Breathing techniques
- Stretching exercises for de-stress
Course Duration: 2 days